Sunday, November 15, 2009

Weekly Blog-November 9th-13th



I drew this sketch. It demonstrates that objects and their shadows create imaginative dimensions. The shadow of an object is in one dimension while the actual object is in another dimension. The straight lines illustrate these dimensions. Thinking about objects and environments in this way expands my understanding of 3D environments, which could enhance my animations in the future.


This is a bench at the UNM-Valencia campus. It is an example of the dimensions I discussed above.

I took this picture near the Belen Airport. I am inspired by the branches of the tree extending across the sky. This shot could easily serve as a transition between scenes in a film. It would signal the passage of time from day into night and visually move a story forward.

This is also one of my pictures. This fountain is located on the UNM-Valencia Campus. I am inspired by the water as it falls into the fountain. The transparency of the water is interesting and would make a great effect in a film. Filming an intense, emotional scene through a sheet of water would be intriguing. Experimenting with water effects could enhance my knowledge of how to create a story and work with cameras.







No comments:

Post a Comment